Survey of Mediterranean Survey Projects
We are conducting a survey of Mediterranean Survey Projects, which has two main purposes:
Please fill out the form linked below with information about your project. This will take about 10 minutes. Please fill out one form per project, but do not worry about duplication if another member of the team fills out a form for the same project (duplicates will be edited out).
- We intend to use the data gathered here as part of a review article on archaeological survey in the Mediterranean world for Journal of Archaeological Research. We see this as an excellent opportunity to compile and aggregate data about historical, recent, and ongoing survey projects, as gathered from the people who have participated in and run these projects. The goal is to collect basic information and compare research and fieldwork practices across the Mediterranean. We also want to be aware of, access, and cite as broad a range of survey work as possible. Your responses will help us do that.
- We also plan to integrate this data into an online database at Fieldwalker.org, which aims to provide a very simple and open spatial directory of current and past systematic survey projects across the Mediterranean, with project website and data links, enabling readers to find projects and connect quickly to data sources. Information about methods and some quantitative elements are designed to allow quick comparisons between projects, and complement the strengths of other online inventories of survey projects (like Fasti or MAGIS). This survey is a starting point. If you would like to provide more information about your project, there will be an opportunity to do that as well.
Thank you for participating in this short survey, and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Alex Knodell (email@example.com)
- Tom Leppard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hector Orengo (email@example.com)
- Toby Wilkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)