Open Journal of Archaeometry
The Open Journal of Archaeometry is a new, peer-reviewed, Open Access, international scientific journal published by PAGEPress Publications. It is devoted to the publication of research articles, short communications and review papers on every aspect of archaeometry.
Archaeometry – also known as archaeological science – applies scientific techniques to the analysis of archaeological materials. Research topics mainly comprise the following disciplines and analyzing techniques:
The Open Journal of Archaeometry may also host contextually relevant announcements, book reviews and abstracts from scientific meetings. Every article published in the Journal will be peer-reviewed by experts in the field and decided upon by members of the Editorial Board.
- chemical and physical analyses of artifacts, concerning provenance, technology types of use and authenticity;
- dating methods providing archaeologists with numerical and relative chronologies;
- environmental approaches providing information on past changes in landscape, climate, flora, and fauna;
- anthropological studies dealing with diet, nutrition, health and pathology;
- mathematical methods for data treatment with the purpose of handling, analyzing, and modeling large data sources;
- remote-sensing and geophysical-survey applications assisting underground and underwater archaeology;
- conservation sciences involving the study of decay processes and the development of appropriate methods of conservation and restoration.
Published: 2016-04-15 09:51:03 2014 Published: 2014-09-19 11:38:36 2013
Vol 1, No 1 (2013): 38th International Symposium on Archaeometry - Tampa, Florida: Technology & ProvenancePublished: 2013-06-28 00:00:00
See AWOL's full List of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies