Archimedes Palimpsest Digital Release at OPENN
The Archimedes Palimpsest data is released with license for use under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported Access Rights. It is requested that copies of any published articles based on the information in this data set be sent to The Curator of Manuscripts, The Walters Art Museum, 600 North Charles Street, Baltimore MD 21201.
The Archimedes Palimpsest Digital Product is intended to serve any interested user or party. However, its content is focused on serving the following groups.
- Scholars of Greek and mathematics
- Application providers
- Libraries and archives
- Image scientists, and scientists in other disciplines interested in the production of the imagesThe Archimedes Palimpsest Digital Product provides all the digital information available on the Archimedes Palimpsest in a single digital data set, with a standard structure. Its purposes are threefold:
- Serve as the authoritative digital data set of images in a standardized format that meets the needs of users, information providers, archives and libraries.
- Provide derived information (i.e. transcriptions, processing information) in the context of digital images of the original manuscript in a single integrated package.
- Offer a standard product sustainable by users to which current or future contributors can add additional standardized information (e.g. alternate texts, image analyses or conservation information).
0_ReadMe.html 2008-10-29 04:21 24K 0_ReadMe.txt 2008-10-29 02:24 13K 1_FileList.html 2011-11-01 10:52 1.0M 1_FileList.txt 2011-11-01 10:52 916K 2_CorrectionsAndAdditions_2011.html 2011-11-01 20:19 9.9K 2_CorrectionsAndAdditions_2011.txt 2011-11-01 20:15 4.9K Data/ 2011-11-01 16:40 - Documents/ 2011-11-01 10:52 - ResearchContrib/ 2011-11-01 16:40 - Supplemental/ 2011-11-01 10:52 - Support/ 2011-11-01 10:52 -
And see also The Archimedes Palimpsest Online