Latest Release of all EpiDoc code
EpiDoc is an international, collaborative effort that provides guidelines and tools for encoding scholarly and educational editions of ancient documents. It uses a subset of the Text Encoding Initiative's standard for the representation of texts in digital form and was developed initially for the publication of digital editions of ancient inscriptions (e.g. Inscriptions of Aphrodisias, Vindolanda Tablets). Its domain has expanded to include the publication of papyri and manuscripts (e.g. Papyri.info). It addresses not only the transcription and editorial treatment of texts themselves, but also the history and materiality of the objects on which the texts appear (i.e., manuscripts, monuments, tablets, papyri, and other text-bearing objects).
- Latest version is 8.19
- Version 8.19 was released on 2014-07-31 by Charlotte Tupman
- Version 8.18 was released on 2014-02-13 by Simona Stoyanova
- Version 8.17 was released on 2013-08-08 by Scott Vanderbilt (sarcanon)
- Version 8.16 was released on 2013-01-28 by Gabriel Bodard
- Version 8.15 was released on 2012-11-29 by Gabriel Bodard