The second edition of the Best Practices for Peer Review of Scholarly Books handbook was published online in September 2022. The original edition was released in 2016.
(c) 2022 by the Association of University Presses. Best Practices for Peer Review of Scholarly Books is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.
- AUPresses Statement
- Introduction: Why Peer Review Is Important
- Section 1: The AE’s Choices about Why, When, and How to Conduct Peer Review
- Section 2: Selecting Peer Reviewers
- Section 3: Working with Peer Reviewers
- Section 4: Sharing Peer Reviews with Authors
- Section 5: Peer Reviews as Documents of Record