International Catacomb Society
The International Catacomb Society promotes awareness of the need for preservation, restoration, and documentation of the catacombs in Rome (with a special focus on the Jewish catacombs) and other sites, which contain paintings, epigraphy, and artifacts depicting the cultures and customs of early religions under the Roman Empire.
Vaults of Memory
Vaults of Memory offers twentieth-century viewers a record of the catacombs of Rome. Glimpses of the Jewish catacombs of Villa Torlonia and Vigna Randanini, as well as of Christian and pagan cemeteries, document the present condition of paintings still visible on the walls and ceilings of these underground burial places.
Publications of the International Catacomb Society
- "ICS On-Site in the Vigna Randanini Catacomb, Fall 2001," Roma Subterranea Judaica 1, by Jessica Dello Russo
- "The Jewish Catacomb of the Vigna Cimarra," Roma Subterranea Judaica 2, by Jessica Dello Russo
- "The Jewish Catacomb on the Via Labicana," Roma Subterranea Judaica 3,
by Jessica Dello Russo
- "The Monteverde Jewish Catacombs on the via Portuense," Roma Subterranea Judaica 4, by Jessica Dello Russo
- "The Discovery and Exploration of the Jewish Catacomb of the Vigna Randanini in Rome: Records, Research, and Excavations through 1895,"
Roma Subterranea Judaica 5, by Jessica Dello Russo
- "Building a Great Catacomb Library: The Gifts and Legacy of John Harvey Treat to Harvard University," by Jessica Dello Russo
- Vaults of Memory Exhibition, by Estelle S. Brettman
printed copies of Vaults of Memory Exhibition Catalog available for $10, request by e-mail